Boys aged 11, 12 and 13 are in their awkward stage that they know they are not children anymore, but they are not an adult either. This confusing stage of their life are coupled with puberty, which causes a lot of changes in their mind and body. Thus, they won’t prefer stuff for children but are too awkward (or shy) to use adult stuff. Ease this transition by giving a tween boy gift ideas that best suit the situation they are in.
If your tween boy hung a stocking on the fireplace, you should fill it up with gifts. This gift guide will show you some wonderful stocking stuffers for a tween boy.
What Stocking Stuffers for Tween Boys Should You Choose?
Firstly, a stocking stuffer should fit into the stocking. Therefore your presents should be small in size. If you have a bulky gift, that is not a stocking stuffer, that fits into the boxed present and should be wrapped and placed under the Christmas tree.
Secondly, tween boys need to receive an agreement between his kid and adult sides. Choose presents that both cater to his still playful, immature nature and his grown up nature that wants to be acknowledged and treated fairly.
Lastly, Christmas stocking stuffers need not be expensive. In fact, the best stockings have many stuff in it… the thrill of finding a lot of small things inside your stocking is exciting!
With that cleared up, let’s begin!
Toys That Are Suitable for Tweens
Gone are the days that your little boy likes to play with action figures, soft toys and toy guns. When he turned eleven, he still want toys, but those that put a little more social to play and make him look cool in front of his friends. Think of quadcopters or frizbee. Also gag, pranks will also give the boy some wholesome laughs with his friends.
Here are some stocking stuffers I think your tween boy will like:
- A small quadcopter that can fit inside his palm (And more importantly, his Christmas stocking!)
- Folding Frizbee
- Spy Pen (This cool gift will make your tween boy feel like James Bond)
- Shock gag pen
- The BS Button
- A deck of playing cards
- Magnetic chess and checkers
- Dr. Who Programmable TV Remote (Oh the pranks he can make with this one!)
- Invisible ink pen
- Modelling clay
- Screaming slingshot monkey
- Yodeling pickle
- Nose Aerobics Game
Video Game Stocking Stuffers
With the popularity of video games, you are sure your tween boy will want something themed to his latest game of choice. Do you know what video game he plays right now? You can head on to Think Geek and see if they have something from his game. Popular ones are Walking Dead, Zelda, Skyrim, Clash of Clans and Minecraft.
Here are some notable video game stocking stuffers for tween boys.
- Legend of Zelda Link Stained Glass Window Decal
- Portal 2 Companion Rug
- Minecraft Creeper Necklace (Super cute! I want one for myself!)
- Mega Man Collectible Enamel Pin Sets
- Remote Controlled Pac-Man and Ghost
- Skyrim Imperial Shirt (I have this one and this looks good and so comfy!)
- Ocarina (Inspired by Zelda and the Ocarina of Time… this is a real musical instrument too, you might want to download a how to play ocarina guide from the internet.)
- Clash of Clans Hog Rider Figurine (Your might even catch him singing, Balloon Parade!)
- Doodle Jump Ball Popper
- Super Mario Bros. Shy Guy Keychain
- Pokemon Laptop and Gadget Decal (This one is Eevee, but you can choose from the many Pokemon.)
On a related note, you can also check out our ever growing list of Geek Gifts too.
Edible Stocking Stuffer Gifts for Tween Boys
A boy’s gotta eat, right? Make the edibles fun and unique if he is that type. However, you can also add the candies and drinks that he like without any twist.
- Extra hard candies (Warheads come to mind!)
- Beanboozled (These are the muggle counterpart of Bertie Bott’s All Flavored Beans… it has fruity flavored candies as well as yuckie ones like used socks or barf… good for a laugh!)
- Bertie Bott’s All Flavored Beans (If he is a wizard… like Harry Potter!)
- Wasabi Gum (Super hot! Literally.)
- Plain chocolate truffles
- Milk straws
- Cheesecake Kitkat
- Astronaut Ice Cream (This is so cool! No need to refrigerate!)
- Beef jerky
Other Fun and Useful Stuff for Tween Boys
These are wonderful things to have but I cannot fit into the categories above. Pick one for your tween boy!
- Beer Soap
- Wallet Ninja Multitool
- Credit Card Lightbulb
- iTunes Gift Card
- Cool, gross stressball
- Super small speaker
- New video games
- A small power pack for his smartphone
- Bacon flavored toothpaste!
Bonus Stocking Stuffer for a Tween Boy:
Cash. Add a few dollars so he can buy whatever he wants. This is a great extra gift he will see inside that stocking.