For me, wrapping is half the battle. A well-presented gift excites the recipient and it shows you want to impress them. This coming Valentine, you can follow these five Valentine’s gift wrapping ideas to impress your lover.
1. Felt Heart and Rope for a Simple Effect
This one is very easy. Just cut out a heart from red felt paper, punch a hole and use it as a topper to a gift using natural string. Looks good, very simple! This is great for wrapping up small pieces of jewelry and bottles of cologne. This concept came from Homedit.
2. Red Heart Holes Video
This is also very simple to make but the look of the gift will astound your lover. It looks very elegant on plain brown wrapping paper and some natural rope or paper twine. The 3D effect is just amazing to look at!
3. Paper Rose Gift Topper Made from Old Magazine or Colored Paper
Roses are very popular during Valentine’s day, so why not add a paper rose gift topper? It looks elegant, whether your use red paper or just a newspaper. Step-by-step instructions are found in this blog post, which was featured with permission from the original maker, Lia Griffith.
4. How About a Real Candy Gift Topper?
Since candies and chocolates are very popular during Valentine’s, make that your gift topper, too! Just look at these. They look too cute and friendly. This is perfect for wrapping gifts to friends and lovers alike, as well as for Valentine’s day gifts for children and teachers. This was conceptualized by Steph of Crafting in the Rain.
5. Heart-Stamped Burlap Bags for Chocolate Gifts
For candies and other small Valentine’s Day gifts, you can opt to make one of these heart-stamped burlap bags. They look too cute but are simple. Plus, you are assured your receiver is bound to use the bag again! These gift bags are perfect for giving away edible gifts like chocolates or hard candies. For instructions on how to make these, check out Katie’s post at The Casual Craftlete.
Some Ideas to Make Your Valentine’s Day Wrapping Stand Out
- Use an unusual topper to make it playful, whimsical, or cute.
- While red is the color of Valentine’s day, pink hearts make it look like friendly love. This is perfect for friendship gifts, gifts for teachers, and gifts for the kiddos.
- You really do not have to spend too much on Valentine’s day. Dainty gifts are also nice and are easy to transport, especially if you are going to present the gift while on a date outside the house.
Looking for More Gift Wrapping Ideas?
You can also check out our collection of unusual gift toppers. You might find some inspiration there. If you want to wrap your V-day gift ideas and it has an unusual shape, you can also take a look at this series of videos.
Looking for Valentine’s Day Crafts?
Good luck and Happy Valentines Day!